H1B denied, OPT expiring in June, looking for options

Tan9097

Hi,

I just received my H1 denial notice today on grounds of specialty occupation and employer-employee relationship. Currently, my situation is, that I might get converted to a full time employee of my current company, and they'll instead handle the next application. But I'll lose my OPT status in June. Depending on whether the application is picked or not, I have two options:

1. If its picked, I have to wait for the acceptance/rejection once again,

2. if not, I have no status to maintain.

For this reason, I'm considering to apply to the Campbellsville Uni, KY. for the MSITM program, so that I can maintain my F1 status.

Here's a reference: https://www.campbellsville.edu/academics/programs/information-technology-management/

AFAIK, my I94 has a D/S in the expiration category, so I'm allowed to be in the country as long as I maintain the F1 status. 

My question is, how good of an option is the university? If anyone can direct me to other programs, that would be great. Also I read in the forums that Day 1 CPT is a big no-no. So, does this university and its program fall under that? Also, I would appreciate any kind of advice pertaining to this situation, as to how I can go about applying for the H1 in the upcoming years, given that even this next one - my last attempt - gets rejected.

Thank You.

Archived