Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rrahulreddy

On OPT...New H1B denied...what are my options

Recommended Posts

Hi,

i am on opt FTE, company filed h1b which was picked in lottery but denied after rfe under speciality occupation. 

Do I need to change the role before applying for h1b in 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rrahulreddy said:

Hi,

i am on opt FTE, company filed h1b which was picked in lottery but denied after rfe under speciality occupation. 

Do I need to change the role before applying for h1b in 2019. 

Your employer may try again next year. You can also find a cap exempt employer as well. Unfortunately that's what it is.  You may also be eligible for STEM OPT ext.

Share this post


Link to post

hello.. my OPT is expired.. luckily my H1 is picked but it got RFE and it still pending after responding to RFE..

can I still work when my H1 status is not approved or denied still ? 

What other options I have ?  Am i doing something wrong ? 

Edited by Vinayprirajin84
update

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/9/2019 at 3:26 PM, xTDx said:

Your employer may try again next year. You can also find a cap exempt employer as well. Unfortunately that's what it is.  You may also be eligible for STEM OPT ext.

My employer filed for MTR on H1B denial. As MTR decision will take atleast take 6 months, instead I am planning to move to another employer for this year h1b, if so do i need to cancel the MTR from previous employer.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/14/2019 at 11:08 AM, rrahulreddy said:

My employer filed for MTR on H1B denial. As MTR decision will take atleast take 6 months, instead I am planning to move to another employer for this year h1b, if so do i need to cancel the MTR from previous employer.

No need to cancel MTR. Let it go through. 

By the way you cannot move to a new employer based on your "lottery picked up" H1b application. You need to be on H1b status for you to switch employers. You can do it once current under RFE application gets approved and you start working with your employer under H1b status.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×