Amendment Required to Work From Home for Client in a Different State ?

Vinodh

I am located in the city of St.Louis (STL), Missouri with a H1B Visa that is due for Extension on Mar, 2019. I am employed with a Major Indian IT company, with the client office located at Fenton, Missouri (MO). I have been with this client for ~4 years and my last filed LCA has the Fenton Client Office as well as my Home - located in Manchester,MO (~7 miles from Fenton) as the work locations. 

I am switching to a different project within the same company, with the new client office located in NC, but working remotely from the same residence in Manchester,MO. I do NOT have to travel to NC for any reason, even for a single day and its a completely remote project, with VPN.

Now, I would like to confirm on the following things with respect to USCIS VISA policies,

1)       Am I allowed to work remotely from STL to the client office located at Boston?

2)       Do I need an Amendment petition to be filed, since my client office location has changed, even though the new work location (Home) lies within the same MSA or area of intended employment as per the last filed LCA?

3)       My work location (at present - Home) is within 50 miles from my previous work location. But does the new Client details and Office location require an Amendment to be filed ? Or would an LCA update suffice ?

4)   Will this be considered a risk, while appearing for Stamping, during my trip to India ?

As the source of specialty work changed, your employer should file for amendment.

And while filing for amendment, they should mention home address as the place of employment.

It is not about location here, but other terms have changed, like - you/employee might have filed previous H1B with client/project documents from previous client which are no longer valid as you switched to new client/project.

Archived