Visa waiver for H4 Dependent Minor Child

sai8

Hi,

I have an approved I797 until Aug 2021. Under circumstances, my wife has to travel to Canada. Now she is planning to get H4 visa stamping on my petition. Earlier my daughter H4 extn done on my wife H1. Now we are planning to send my daughter to India for some time until things settle down here for us. For minor child, they are eligible for visa waiver program but in website they mentioned that both parents have to have valid visa stamping. I am little confused on that point. If anyone go thru this kind of situation or aware of it, please advise for below queries.

1.. Since my wife is going for H4 stamping in Canada, is it enough to submit with one of the parent visa and my valid I 797 for minor visa waiver program?

2. My daughter H4 visa stamping was done in India last time on my wife petition and it was valid until May 2018. Now I am planning to bring her on my petition. I read that if its same category within 12 months after visa expiry. Is she still eligible visa waiver?

3. If visa waiver not available, can we schedule an appointment with US visa consulate for a minor child with authorized person ( without parents)? 

Many thanks in advance for your time to read and answering my queries. 

Archived