Valid H1B visa on my passport and H1B Amendment approved. Do I need Visa re-stamping if I travel to India?

VeSA

Here is my case:
•    Last September (2017) my company had filed for my H1B amendment due to the revision to my title but it was in pending state when I traveled to India during second week of Nov 2017.
•    Amendment was approved on 17th November but since there was no way it could reach me before my VISA interview on Nov 21st 2017, I took the previous approval notice (which was valid until Jan 2020) and got my passport stamped.
•    Later my company mailed the amended approval notice to India just in case if immigration officers asks for it during the port of entry. (They were positive that customs officer should be able to view my latest approval notice in the PIMS system but still they sent a copy to me)
•    While entering USA, customs officer had written my new approval notice number (for Amendment) on my passport page 20 with new expiration date (Aug 2020), stamped and let me in.
•    So in my passport, I have my Visa that I got stamped in India on page 21 and the stamp from port of entry (customs officer had written the new receipt number and also new expiration date Aug 8th 2020) on page 20.

Until yesterday I was in an assumption that I don’t have to go for stamping as my VISA is valid but one of my friend raised a concern that I may have to go to stamping which I am not sure. 
My travel plans are made and I am travelling this weekend. 

I have been reading online on some forums that as long as there is a valid, unexpired H-1B visa on my passport, it shouldn’t be an issue even if there was a H-1B amendment approval at a later point. Any professional advice/guidance on if I have to go for stamping in India or not would be really helpful.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Sowmya A said:

Here is my case:
•    Last September (2017) my company had filed for my H1B amendment due to the revision to my title but it was in pending state when I traveled to India during second week of Nov 2017.
•    Amendment was approved on 17th November but since there was no way it could reach me before my VISA interview on Nov 21st 2017, I took the previous approval notice (which was valid until Jan 2020) and got my passport stamped.
•    Later my company mailed the amended approval notice to India just in case if immigration officers asks for it during the port of entry. (They were positive that customs officer should be able to view my latest approval notice in the PIMS system but still they sent a copy to me)
•    While entering USA, customs officer had written my new approval notice number (for Amendment) on my passport page 20 with new expiration date (Aug 2020), stamped and let me in.
•    So in my passport, I have my Visa that I got stamped in India on page 21 and the stamp from port of entry (customs officer had written the new receipt number and also new expiration date Aug 8th 2020) on page 20.

Until yesterday I was in an assumption that I don’t have to go for stamping as my VISA is valid but one of my friend raised a concern that I may have to go to stamping which I am not sure. 
My travel plans are made and I am travelling this weekend. 

I have been reading online on some forums that as long as there is a valid, unexpired H-1B visa on my passport, it shouldn’t be an issue even if there was a H-1B amendment approval at a later point. Any professional advice/guidance on if I have to go for stamping in India or not would be really helpful.

Thanks

First of all , why do you not ask these questions to your employer and their attorneys instead of listening to your friends advice ? Your employers attorneys are paid do do exactly this.  Now coming back to your concerns, you will be okay as long as you have a valid visa and a valid i797 with a job in the usa under H1b classification. Though h1b visa foil lists the petition and petitioner details, it is not employer specific or petition specific.In case you have further questions, do not over think this and ask these questions to your employers attorneys. They will guide you better as they know your case details more than anyone here.

Archived