I-94 Expiring and I 797 Valid

Sathwik B

Hi,

The most recent entry into US is on Dec 2017. At the time of entry, my passport was expiring on April 2019. So, I was admitted till April 2019, though my I-797A is valid until Sep 2019.

Now, I have renewed my passport. My new passport expires in April 2028.

What will be my status after April 2019 ? 

What are all the options available to renew my I-94 till Sep 2019 ?

Thanks in advance !!

19 hours ago, Sathwik B said:

Hi,

The most recent entry into US is on Dec 2017. At the time of entry, my passport was expiring on April 2019. So, I was admitted till April 2019, though my I-797A is valid until Sep 2019.

Now, I have renewed my passport. My new passport expires in April 2028.

What will be my status after April 2019 ? 

What are all the options available to renew my I-94 till Sep 2019 ?

Thanks in advance !!

If you have a valid visa till sept 2019, then leave and come back with a valid visa and you will be issued a new i94. Is your employer not extending  your employment and i-797 ? Your employer can file an extension application 6 month before current i797 expiry and you can stay until a decision is made on the petition.

3 hours ago, xTDx said:

If you have a valid visa till sept 2019, then leave and come back with a valid visa and you will be issued a new i94. Is your employer not extending  your employment and i-797 ? Your employer can file an extension application 6 month before current i797 expiry and you can stay until a decision is made on the petition.

Hello,
Thanks for our response.

The two options :

Option 1 - leave and come back : Yes, I can do this.
Option 2 - Apply for I 797 extension : Yes, My employer can do this on or after march 2019 and before April 2019.

Question : Option 3 :  Can I visit near by US Customs and Border Protection office ( In Airports) and ask them to extend my I-94 admit until date to Sept 2019 by showing them the Old and New passport, I 797 copy ?

14 hours ago, Sathwik B said:

Hello,
Thanks for our response.

The two options :

Option 1 - leave and come back : Yes, I can do this.
Option 2 - Apply for I 797 extension : Yes, My employer can do this on or after march 2019 and before April 2019.

Question : Option 3 :  Can I visit near by US Customs and Border Protection office ( In Airports) and ask them to extend my I-94 admit until date to Sept 2019 by showing them the Old and New passport, I 797 copy ?

you can always try it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sathwik,

I am in the same situation as yours. My most recent entry into US was on June 2018. At the time of entry, my passport was expiring on May 2019. So, I was admitted only till May 2019, though I have my stamped visa till Nov 2019.

By any chance, did you try option 3 which you mentioned in your previous comment?

Thanks in advance.

Archived