H1B Transfer to the new Employer||Receipt Number not received

Satheesh.G

Hello,

My attorney had filed my H1B Visa transfer petition on Nov 16th 2018. It is been  already 12 days and have not received any response on the receipt number.

My new employer is in touch with Attorney on the same , Should we wait for some more time ? is there way we can directly contact USCIS?

Please suggest, My new client is expecting me to on board some time next week.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Satheesh.G said:

However , we could see the receipt number on back of the cheque. when i check the status, it says that the receipt number should be received by Dec 20.

Well, that's good news! Although I don't know my case number, but it makes me feel good knowing that it will come in two days. Thanks for sharing your status!

Hi, this is great! Congrats! I am a little confused though. So you haven't received your receipt notice yet, but from the line status tool you saw that it was approved on Dec31?

I got mu case number, but no actual receipt yet. It says "If you do not receive your receipt notice by December 19, 2018, contact the USCIS". I wonder how you or your attorney worked with USCIS after the promised date. Thanks!

Thank  you Bro.

Yeah, I supposed to receive my receipt number by Dec 20th 2018 as per the USCIS online status portal, but i did not get any update from my attorney on the receipt number. I had to wait until dec 20 and then i dropped an email to my attorney asking them to work with the USCIS team on my receipt. By the time i dropped an email to my attorney they were already gone for a vacation , so i do not really know if they have already received my receipt or not. Interestingly , when i checked the status in an internal USCIS portal, it says that the case was approved on Dec 31.

Please use this link to check your status in case if you are not using this: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

looks like this site has the most recent updated status info, other regular online status check site(https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do) still says that case was received on Nov 20.

hope this is clear now and good luck with your case. Hope your case will get approved soon.

Thank you for the details! 

My attorney is back to work, and she has not yet received the receipt notice. I was provided with a receipt number from back of the cheque. Now working with HR to see if I can join with the number.

I used both registered account and regular tracking tool, and they showed the same status: case was received. I guess California center is just not as quick as Vermont.

Anyway, thank you and congratulations again!

19 hours ago, Satheesh.G said:

Thank you. i suggest you to wait for your official receipt number to join. it is not a good idea to join based on the receipt number from back of the cheque. Anyway Please take your HR suggestion on this.

I know it is not ideal to join with number. But they have waited me for three months. I am afraid they revoke my offer😂. On the other hand, I really don't know when the notice will arrive. I mean, how risky can it be? the number comes from the cheque, and attorneys keep good record of which is whose. 

How about you? Are you waiting for your approval notice to arrive to join?

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2019 at 4:15 PM, KSW said:

Hi, just to update you, I got my receipt notice today, which doesn't mean too much because I already started with the receipt number😂.

Hello,

any updates on H1B transfer status for you? I believe the premium processing ban is lifted. Does your respective lawyers updating your case with premium processing? 

Archived