h1b reentry while travelling back to US

Request18

I was working for Company A  for which I have visa approval and valid stamp until Nov/2019. I joined Company B on h1b receipt through h1b portability. I need to travel to India in the month of Jan. Will there be problem with re-entry bcoz I'm travelling when my transfer is pending approval and I have already joined Company B on receipt. 

i have h1b receipt, prior company visa stamp and I can have supporting documents like employment verification letter, paystub which proves that m employed

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2018 at 1:45 PM, Request18 said:

I was working for Company A  for which I have visa approval and valid stamp until Nov/2019. I joined Company B on h1b receipt through h1b portability. I need to travel to India in the month of Jan. Will there be problem with re-entry bcoz I'm travelling when my transfer is pending approval and I have already joined Company B on receipt. 

i have h1b receipt, prior company visa stamp and I can have supporting documents like employment verification letter, paystub which proves that m employed

I have a similar situation. Did you find out if travel is possible with valid stamped prior  h1b and reciept notice of current employers transfer application? Please let me know.

25 minutes ago, amaheska said:

I have a similar situation. Did you find out if travel is possible with valid stamped prior  h1b and reciept notice of current employers transfer application? Please let me know.

It is NOT possible to enter with the receipt notice. Never. You need the approval notice.

Archived