H1B Stamping Selling Alcohol to Minor

Hi,

I'm an Indian Citizen. I have got ticket for selling alcohol to minor while I was on F1. This happed on Jan 2015. I never got arrested or finger printed. This is the only misdemeanor I have on my record. I went to the court on court date pleaded guilty and paid fine. I was kept under unsupervised probation for 6 months later case got dismissed under Article 894 and Conviction was set a side. I never expunged the case as it never stopped to me get a job. Currently I'm on H1B and I need to travel home country for family emergencies. I want to mention this misdemeanor on DS-160. I know this forum has many queries related to the same but I would like to know best answers few questions which are mentioned below. 

1. Which country is better India or Canada for Initial H1B visa stamping who has a misdemeanor criminal record ? 

2.It is worth expunging criminal record ? (I can still search the record through my name on court website)

3. What all documents do I need to carry besides Court case disposition letter ? 

4. Did anyone ever made back to United states having a record of selling minor kind of misdemeanors ?

Thanks!! 

1. Which country is better India or Canada for Initial H1B visa stamping who has a misdemeanor criminal record ? 

U.S Embassy database is same where ever you go.

2.It is worth expunging criminal record ? (I can still search the record through my name on court website)

Just be true with what happened, they do the background check which might check couple months time to get you the decision.

3. What all documents do I need to carry besides Court case disposition letter ? 

Everything original from the day you got the ticket.

4. Did anyone ever made back to United states having a record of selling minor kind of misdemeanors ?

First question would be on a F-1 how and why are you in that store and why did you work. So have a strong answer for that. So prepare for the best.

• 4 years later...

Hello, any update whether you got h1b stamping and entry in USA. Please reply.

On 11/26/2018 at 8:42 PM, Murthy User said:

Hi,

I'm an Indian Citizen. I have got ticket for selling alcohol to minor while I was on F1. This happed on Jan 2015. I never got arrested or finger printed. This is the only misdemeanor I have on my record. I went to the court on court date pleaded guilty and paid fine. I was kept under unsupervised probation for 6 months later case got dismissed under Article 894 and Conviction was set a side. I never expunged the case as it never stopped to me get a job. Currently I'm on H1B and I need to travel home country for family emergencies. I want to mention this misdemeanor on DS-160. I know this forum has many queries related to the same but I would like to know best answers few questions which are mentioned below. 

Thanks!!