Working remote part time on H1B

vine

Hello all,

I have 2 approved H1B's. One is cap exempt that was approved in May 2018 and currently working full time in NY. I recently got a general H1 approved end of Oct 2018 and this is in TX. I want to make TX job as primary full time and want to convert NY job remote part-time. Is this feasible? Can I work remotely part time with my NY employer while I live in TX.

On 11/13/2018 at 8:30 PM, vine said:

Hello all,

I have 2 approved H1B's. One is cap exempt that was approved in May 2018 and currently working full time in NY. I recently got a general H1 approved end of Oct 2018 and this is in TX. I want to make TX job as primary full time and want to convert NY job remote part-time. Is this feasible? Can I work remotely part time with my NY employer while I live in TX.

You can have multiple H1 approvals and can work on more than one job. the key is that the main job terms and conditions are being met on a full time basis.  I guess you need to find out from your employer if they allow part time work outside the current job. if you are working in a financial industry the answer is a straight NO. but no harm in asking. I don't see any issue here though as long as you work one job full time and meet the terms and conditions of that main one.    I don't know about the concurrent H1B and how it works as mentioned by the other post

Archived