H1B DUI Success Story

vkm10

Hello Everyone,

As everyone says dont ever drink and drive. it isnt worth it( My 2 cents).

I would like to share my visa stamping experience . I would like to mention that immigration matters are case by case ( No gaurantee untill we complete the entire process).

I was on OPT ( Post completion) and had a DUI. This incident happened in the month of august 2017, i had my court date in september. I plead guily but in my state was given a CWOF. I paid all my court fees , completed Alchohol education classes,community service. I requested court to dismiss my case and court agreed the same as i ididnt had any furthur incident after that. I applied for my OPT extension and got it with no issues.

My H1B was picked in lottery and was approved after a RFE for fiscal year 2019 ( RFE is not related to the incident).

Interview Details: Hyderabad Consulate

I Had my fingerprints on 19th oct , follwed by interview on 25th,oct. I was referred to a panel physician an given a yellow phamplet (221g) . I followed the instructions and got my appointment on monday 29th,oct for my medical evaluation. My results are sent to consulate directly after 3 days.

On 2nd nov i received an email to submit passport . After 5 working days i received another email that my passport is ready. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the detailed post. I am planning to go for the stamping in Hyderabad in March 2019. Can you please answer my below questions?

1) Which hospital did you go for the medical evaluation? Would this be the same for everyone?
2) Since we already know that the consulate would ask medical evaluation, can we get it before the interview and hand over the sealed cover to the VO?
3) What questions did they ask at the POE?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Hi So My question is I got DUI on Jan 26 in texas and my case is not filed in case. I am applying for H1 this year and while filing the case it says have you been ever arrested so do I need to answer yes or no for this as the case is not filed with texas court

Please repond

Archived