H1B petition transfer case is nearing to 240 days

sachinkumarsvt

On Mar 29, 2018, my new employer filed for H1B transfer petition. And it got converted in the premium on Sep 07, 2018.

My previous employer has revoked my I-797 with validity  Jul 16, 2020. However, my previous to previous employer's I-797 is still valid till date Feb 28, 2020.

I have the following points or questions:

1. My case is still pending, and I haven't heard back from USCIS.

2. I'll be completing my 240 days soon, I hope it would be either on Nov 28 or 29.

3. Does the 240 days of work validity on the receipt apply on me? If no, then please justify with a note which I can see on USCIS site.

4. If yes, what all options I have? Do I need to go out of the country? Or I just have stopped working for my client?

5. Is it possible - If my employer files another petition for the H1B?

6. If my employer filed - does it mean my previous petition will be of no use?

7. If I got an RFE, my 240 days will still be there or it will again start from the day of RFE?

8. I have changed my client's building. And I am in a different building whether my transfer petition was filed. Do I need to file another LCA and file the amendment for my transfer petition even though my current petition is still pending?

9. 7. What all options I do have? Do I need to talk to my team, then go and work from India until my petition will not get approved?

Please advise what to do?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived