H1B Visa stamp on changing employer

Shlipa

Hi,

I was working for employer A and was laidoff in march 2018.Company A have revoked the H1b petition.However during my 60 days grace period i could get and offer and currently have a valid h1b approval.
Currently i have a valid approved I-797 from employer B.I have valid H1B visa (Employer A) stamped in my passport, valid till 2020.
As I need to go to India on 2019 , so do I need to get my VISA stamped again ?
I understand this is an old question but I couldn't find any related information in USCIS site regarding this one.
Therefore I am confused  if the rules have changed .Can someone please advise and share any document in USCIS website .
Also if any one have recently faced the same situation , what kind of queries can i get at POE by CBP officer ....Looking at the current situation is it safe to travel . Please advice .

Thanks a lot .

Yes, you need to have visa stamped. At the port of entry you will be asked which employer you are working on. And that should match with what stamp you have on your passport. If you do not show anything about new employer and show old visa and say you still work there, it will be on your record of entry and then when you apply anything after that, you will face issues with incorrect story.

On getting new visa, you will face same routine questions such as

1. Who do you work for

2. Where you live in US

3. What you do for this employer

4. Show I-797 for this employer. This is something new they started to ask as they think you will only have one I-797 of current employer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived