L1A near expiry with approved i140

Visitor0101

Hi

I have a L1A visa that is expiring in March 19. I also have an approved i140 (Priority date in Dec 2017). My Project is nearing its end phase and thus, I dont have enough reportees for my employer to file for L1A Extension. We are also expecting a baby in March (few weeks post visa expiry). 

I have not been able to apply for GC as the priority date is not current yet (As of Nov bulletin). I am expecting / hoping that the priority date will become current by Dec or Jan wherein I can apply for 485, AP and EAD. 

1. Should we file for B2 Tourist visa to ensure we dont run out of status during delivery and waiting for Passport creation of new born? 

2. Will we be able to stay in US after L1A expires assuming 485 has been filed ( Do we have to file for B2?)

3.  If we file for 485, EAD, AP and current L1A expires before we get the EAD, will the GC get automatically cancelled?

4. If we travel back to India after delivery (As we do not have work visa ), Will the GC application get cancelled (if AP has not been issued yet). 

Thank you for your valuable feedback

Archived