Will OPT be approved on revoked F1 visa?

Hello,

I have graduated in August 2018 and applied for OPT. I recieved an email on August 28th from FPU, Chennai US consulate stating my F1 visa has been revoked. I have a misdemeanor shop lifting case for which I’ve been arrested and the case was put open for an year from December 2017 to December 2018 and I haven’t signed a guilty plea. The case will be dismissed after December 2018. 

I want to know if my OPT application be approved or denied or will I get a RFE? If I recieve an RFE what documents am I supposed to submit? 

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 9:05 AM, Anonymous1104 said:

Hello,

I have graduated in August 2018 and applied for OPT. I recieved an email on August 28th from FPU, Chennai US consulate stating my F1 visa has been revoked. I have a misdemeanor shop lifting case for which I’ve been arrested and the case was put open for an year from December 2017 to December 2018 and I haven’t signed a guilty plea. The case will be dismissed after December 2018. 

I want to know if my OPT application be approved or denied or will I get a RFE? If I recieve an RFE what documents am I supposed to submit? 

Thank you.

You better check with an immigration attorney.

• 9 months later...
On 10/2/2018 at 6:05 AM, Anonymous1104 said:

Hello,

Thank you.

Hi, did you get your OPT? I'm in the same situation as you and I'm really worried. Did you answer the question of arrest/conviction history on I-765 form? Thank you so much and wish you all the best.