Shoplifting,..conditional dismissal and h1b visa

Iamh1b

Hi All, I charged for shoplifting of 360$ items. They finger printed me. I hired criminal attorney I appear for court date judge gave order for disordinary conduct and disturbing peace with not to plead guilty and prebotion of 6 months. I paid a fine of 95$.

I have certain queries as follows:

1) Is it a good approach of going for conditional dismissal of case if some one is on H1b visa ?

2) if I am under conditional dismissed program after &/or before conditional dismissal program whether uscis will give give visa extension and stamping ?

3) What are my chances of obtaining green card after this incident?

4) what documents I need to obtained from court , criminal attorney and immigration attorney for visa extension, visa stamping and green card?

5) is there any other best legal way to avoid any future immigration issues?

Kindly  help.

• 4 months later...
On 9/29/2018 at 4:08 AM, Iamh1b said:

Hi All, I charged for shoplifting of 360$ items. They finger printed me. I hired criminal attorney I appear for court date judge gave order for disordinary conduct and disturbing peace with not to plead guilty and prebotion of 6 months. I paid a fine of 95$.

I have certain queries as follows:

1) Is it a good approach of going for conditional dismissal of case if some one is on H1b visa ?

2) if I am under conditional dismissed program after &/or before conditional dismissal program whether uscis will give give visa extension and stamping ?

3) What are my chances of obtaining green card after this incident?

4) what documents I need to obtained from court , criminal attorney and immigration attorney for visa extension, visa stamping and green card?

5) is there any other best legal way to avoid any future immigration issues?

Kindly  help.

Hi, I am sailing in the same boat. Can you please share your experience that did you file your H1 extension while you are on probation of 6 months (conditional dismissal program) i.e. extension while your case is open? Did USCIS approve? What documents you submitted to USCIS as the case is still opened? Did you get any RFE?

Thanks.

Archived