Premium processing for H1 - H4 filed at different processing center

Nikhil-LI

Hi,

My firm applied for my H1B extension in june 2018. the application went to Nebraska  center. Then I filed for my spouse H4 & H4 EAD extension myself in July 2018.

That application went to Vermont center. I checked that processing time in Nebraska center is 4 months, while vermont is 12 months.  So, my question is: if I apply for Premium processing for my H1B, will it expedite the processing of dependent H4 & EAD ? Is there any other way I can make H4 processing faster.? 

Also, We are planning to go to India sometime in October-November 2018 time frame (after my h1 b approval). Anyhow, when I go to india,  I need to get my visa Stamped. So, my question is If my current H4 visa application is pending status and l left the country, will I be able to get a h4 stamp in India  - ofcourse with my H1b approval receipt ? If so, what will happen to my H4 EAD application? Will it be void or We have to refile once we are back from India with valid H4 stamp?

• 4 months later...

We are in same boat.H1 filed to Nebraska centre in september in premium processing and got approved in 2 weeks. H4 and H4 EAD filed separately under regular processing and directed to vermont centre. Have you received the h4 renewal yet and EAD for your spouse?

We are still waiting for approval for which we filed on OCT 10 (concurrent processing of H4 Renewal and H4 EAD

Archived