H1B RESTAMPING WITH FIRST TIME H1B STAMPING WITH 221G

pb2612

First of all I want to thank all of you guys here for your posts which provides a lot of meaningful information.

I am planning to go to Canada for 2nd H1B stamping. I had my first H1B stamping in 2016 in Canada and got 221 g (white slip) which was resolved in 14 working days. I believe that they did some background check.

Now I am planning to go for 2nd H1B stamping in Canada with same employer and same client. I heard chances of getting 221g is more if someone has 221g once. Can people with similar situations share their experience as it can help a lot of other people also? If someone had a 221g once and in second time stamping  got approval with/without  221g. 

Also, please share your experience if someone got 221g in Canada for first H1B stamping and went to mexico for 2nd time and got approval with/without 221g.

Situations are different now and it doesn’t mean that if someone gets it through and you would also get it. 221 G isn’t a bad thing, it’s just an administration check and as long as you / employer have followed the regular process, you should be fine. 

Are you in the pharma or biotech industry? What was the reason for previous 221? 

Archived