H1-B Extension - Nebraska or Vermont ?

Vijay Muralikrishna

Hi All,

Since USCIS has suspended premium processing in the California and Vermont service center, H1-B petitions will be processed under regular processing untill Feb 2019. However, Nebraska service center still accepts premium processing for the category - H-1B same employer without change petitions. 

My previous H1B was approved last year (Vermont) and since then there has been no changes to my job duties except that i got promoted last month and  both my  designation (same job duties) and salary has changed.  My attorney is stating that since my title and salary has changed, I am no longer eligible to have my sent to Nebraska. My application will be sent to Vermont under regular processing. 

Could someone please clarify if this is a true statement.  

• 7 months later...

Hi,

My H1B is approved 3 years back and now I am filing extension with same employer and my end client and project is same.My title is same, but wage level is changed from Level-1 to Level-2 and also now with different SOC code than the previous one.

1) With change in wage level and SOC code(but same title, same employer and same end-client project) will I be eligible to apply for Nebraska service center?

2) My previous title is "programmer analyst". I am little hesitant to use the same one as there is more risk of rejection with this title. But, my employer is suggesting to go with same title as  this will be safer. What is the best option do I have?

Archived