Original birth certificate

Hello All,

I have applied for a GC based on my marriage. I appeared for an interview in August. During the interview, IO asked for my birth certificate. I had my hospital record which I showed to IO. My hospital record didn’t have my name on it. IO officer told me that she will issue an RFE to submit the birth certificate.

I was able to get my birth certificate from the municipal corporation last week. My birth certificate has registration date as August 2018.

Question 1- Will this be considered as late  registration?

Question 2 - Do I need to submit any affidavit from my relatives?

Since all this happened after my interview, USCIS has asked me to submit the original Birth certificate. I have only one original.

Question 3 - Will USCIS return the certificate or do I need to apply form G228 requesting them to return my original?

A quick response  will be greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

1. No. You are just responding to RFE. However, your latest birth certificate need to be legitimate, issued by government with registration number and other details such as date, your and your parent's names.

2. Different countries issue differently formatted birth certificates or government issued document that can be used in place of birth certificate so it is difficult to answer this questions. However if you are using direct replacement, with all the necessary details, then affidavit is not necessary. You can submit if you are not 100% sure. They will accept it & use as supporting document.

• 9 months later...
On 9/26/2018 at 7:57 PM, care_candidate said:

1. No. You are just responding to RFE. However, your latest birth certificate need to be legitimate, issued by government with registration number and other details such as date, your and your parent's names.

2. Different countries issue differently formatted birth certificates or government issued document that can be used in place of birth certificate so it is difficult to answer this questions. However if you are using direct replacement, with all the necessary details, then affidavit is not necessary. You can submit if you are not 100% sure. They will accept it & use as supporting document.

Thank you