Submitting multiple H4 EAD applications

vibha7

I moved from H1-B to H4 recently. I went to India and got my H4 Visa and stamp. My husband has an approved I-40 that was issued before 6 months. But, he doesn't have a copy of the I-140. He only has the receipt number. He has applied for FOIA to receive a copy of his I-140 but there is a long wait time. 

1) My husband is currently working with company A which is not releasing the copy of his I-140. They have agreed to file for my H4 EAD through an attorney and they will submit my husband's I-140 copy along with my EAD application.

2) My husband also has an offer from company B. They are going to file for his H1-B transfer in premium processing with just the I-140 receipt number. Can we apply for my H4 EAD through company B along with his H1-B transfer? Please Note - A) I am NOT applying for Change of Status to H4 and am applying for the stand-alone EAD application only. B) My husband is not applying for H1-B extension as he recently got his 3 years extension. He is applying for H1-B transfer only

3) Can we apply for two H4 EAD applications - option 1 (with current company A along with I-140 copy) and option 2 (with future company B with only I-140 receipt number)? If not, which option is better?

Thank you for your help in advance.

• 7 months later...

Vibha, did you get an answer ?

can i file multiple applications for H4 EAD? i filed an application last week and looks like one of the document is wrong. instead of waiting for a RFE, can i apply another new application with correct document. I know i had to pay extra 410 $ for processing fee? but is that ok ?

Archived