H4 EAD status if H1B holder move job

H4EADQuery

I have a H1B with expiry date of 03/2021 and approved I140 with Priority date of 11/2016 with my current employer. My wife has the H4 EAD expiry date of 03/2021 .If i change the job now and receive the new H1B approval ,i have to get the new employer to apply for PERM and I140 with my priority date. But what we need to do for H4 EAD in this case ? Do i need to reapply the H4 EAD if i change my employer and get a new H1B approval date given she has a approved H4 EAD of 03/2021 and I140 won't be revoked in this case as well. if we have to reapply H4 EAD ,then that would include H1B from new employer and I140 from old employer . How does this work ? Any guidance with regards to due process would be appreciated.

You don't have to reapply for your wife's H4-EAD when it is still valid., she can continue on the current H4-EAD.  At the renewal time in March 2021, she have to submit your updated H1B and I140 at that time.

Note that, if your new H1B with new job is in any trouble then she will loose her H4 status and subsequently her H4-EAd.

Archived