H-1 visa Stamping and Passport expiring in Jan 2019

ravig310

Hi ,

I cam to US on F-1 visa completed my Masters in Computer Science . Worked for a Employer A got H-1 visa valid till Sep 2018 .Moved to another company B which filed my H-1 and got approved which is valid till 2021 .I am planning to go to India in August 2018 and my Passport is valid till Jan 2019 . 

Can I apply for a new passport and carry it with me to visa interview (My Ds-160 has my old passport number ) ?

If I get my new passport number will the old passport number  be invalid ?

Any things that I need to keep in mind before visa interview ?

Can you please suggest and help me on this as this is a urgent matter ?

When you get a new passport, you will have to enter new passport # in DS-160 and you will get the stamping on new passport. When you renew your old passport. You will receive old passport with a stamp on it : CANCELLED and new passport number is ... After you receive new passport, just for a formality you have to carry old passport with you all time at the time of travelling. I was in your shoe in 2015.

Thanks for the reply .Currently my old passport number is present in my DS-160 for which I have to visa interview appointment .

If I renew my passport and get my new passport number should I fill a new DS-160 form and schedule a new visa interview appointment

(or) 

Can I use the old visa appointment with the old passport number on it .But ,carry my new passport with me along with old passport to the interview .

Can I edit my DS-160 and add new passport number . If So, how ? Can you help me on this .

Archived