I-140 RFE on University accreditation

SuryaRao

Today received RFE to provide required documentation to support my university was having accreditation at the time of my study and completion.

My univeristy is JNTU Hyderabad, completed B Tech in Computer Science and Engineering in 2003.

RFE indicated that as per their records JNTU is having accreditation from 2008 but not before.

1) What should I do in this case?

USCIS also requested for transcripts. Can I just send them the copy of my marks memo? Does it need to come from University with attestation?

Please see the attached screenshot for the exact wording from the RFE requesting for the information, kindly help.

Screenshot.PNG

JNTU is a accredited university and I'm sure thousands of students must be from JNTU hyderabad seeking I-140 approval. My father went to JNTU today and requested for accreditation letter, but they no one requested them before such letter, is it true?

May be I need to reach my attorney to provide me a template, then my dad can request the same letter from either VC or registrar confirming the JNTU accreditation during 1999-2003 of my study years. Does it sounds like a good plan to anyone?

Thanks all for your help.

Edited by SuryaRao

I gradulated from JNTU in 2003 and all went well for me . Not submitting transcripts initially triggered all this. JNTU was a single entity whic is in existence from way before 1990’s but university garnts commission accredited JNTU Hyderabad as a seperate entity in 2008 and may be USCIS referring to this . 

Your attorney is the best person to decide what needs to be submitted.

Thanks

Goutham

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 4:44 PM, gouthamsworld said:

I gradulated from JNTU in 2003 and all went well for me . Not submitting transcripts initially triggered all this. JNTU was a single entity whic is in existence from way before 1990’s but university garnts commission accredited JNTU Hyderabad as a seperate entity in 2008 and may be USCIS referring to this . 

Your attorney is the best person to decide what needs to be submitted.

Thanks

Goutham

I need your help, can I please talk to you for a minute?

On 6/29/2018 at 9:09 AM, SuryaRao said:

JNTU is a accredited university and I'm sure thousands of students must be from JNTU hyderabad seeking I-140 approval. My father went to JNTU today and requested for accreditation letter, but they no one requested them before such letter, is it true?

May be I need to reach my attorney to provide me a template, then my dad can request the same letter from either VC or registrar confirming the JNTU accreditation during 1999-2003 of my study years. Does it sounds like a good plan to anyone?

Thanks all for your help.

I am sure there are thousands of immigrants who used this Univ's credentials for immigration benefits in the past. However, in this case USCIS officer either looked into the universities accreditation history in depth and got confused or their systems are not updated.  And as per the RFE there is a confusion in the officers mind. The best way to respond to RFE will be based on the in depth review of the accreditation history by the attorneys and procure the required documents. 

Edited by xTDx
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I have asked to provide below.

Beneficiary's Educational Requirements: The labor certification requires a Master's Degree in computer science, computer application, information technology, business or other related field of study.

You submitted a copy of the beneficiary's Master of computer applications and its transcripts from Uttar Pradesh Technical University. However, you failed to submit evidence to establish that the institution from which the beneficiary received his degree was accredited at the time that it issued the beneficiary's degree. Therefore, please submit evidence to establish that the beneficiary meets the educational requirement  as of the priority date.