H1 EXTESION WITH DUI

reddy123

Hi,

Is it true that you might get an RFE / Denial for H1 extensions if you have a DUI ? I got a DUI in 2011 with BAC .081 and got it reduced to wet reckless. I applied for 2 extensions since then and got the approvals without any RFE. I need to apply for an extension now. There is no where in the H1B extension questionnaire asking about our arrest/conviction record. So does this mean, USCIS will run a check on our Social to see if we have a DUI or not ?

~B

31 minutes ago, reddy123 said:

Hi,

Is it true that you might get an RFE / Denial for H1 extensions if you have a DUI ? I got a DUI in 2011 with BAC .081 and got it reduced to wet reckless. I applied for 2 extensions since then and got the approvals without any RFE. I need to apply for an extension now. There is no where in the H1B extension questionnaire asking about our arrest/conviction record. So does this mean, USCIS will run a check on our Social to see if we have a DUI or not ?

~B

You won't get RFE for H1B extension because of the DUI. The H1B visas can get revoked by DoS if you have a DUI but not the H1B status in the US. When you go for visa stamping (if you do) you'll get a chance to answer those questions pertaining to arrests, etc, then. As it happened more than 5 years ago, you probably won't need the medical examination either during visa stamping. 

Archived