H1 to H4 COS (I-539 questions)

Riykar611

Hi All,

I have a valid H1-B visa. I am planning to quit and change my status to H4. I have an I-140 approved from my employer. I have a few questions regarding the form:

Part 4 Question 3: Are you, or any other person included on the application, an applicant for an immigrant visa? 

Part 4 Question 4: Has an immigrant petition EVER been filed for you or for any other person included in this application?

I believe I should answer YES for both these questions. Is this correct? If it is, would someone be able to provide a sample of how to describe them in detail in a separate sheet?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks

On 6/4/2018 at 11:20 PM, Riykar611 said:

Hi All,

I have a valid H1-B visa. I am planning to quit and change my status to H4. I have an I-140 approved from my employer. I have a few questions regarding the form:

Part 4 Question 3: Are you, or any other person included on the application, an applicant for an immigrant visa? 

Part 4 Question 4: Has an immigrant petition EVER been filed for you or for any other person included in this application?

I believe I should answer YES for both these questions. Is this correct? If it is, would someone be able to provide a sample of how to describe them in detail in a separate sheet?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks

Very much self explanatory. 

Part 4 Question 3: NO , unless you have a immigration visa application in progress or filed in parallel.

Part 4 Question 3: YES  , as you have a i-140 approved which is an immigration petition.  

Archived