H1b Visa Stamping at US Consulate in Frankfurt, Germany

antonov85

I have an approved I-797 form and I am currently working for a multi-national company in Boston, MA.  I need to travel to Germany to attend a conference on Jun 27th. I only have 3 weeks time from now to apply for Shengen Visa, and also prepare documentation for my H1B visa stamping at a US Consulate in Frankfurt, Germany.  Has anyone been in the same or similar situation? 

I know there is multiple places where things can go wrong.  I need opinions whether I can make the trip purely from the time perspective. 

I dont think I even have enough time to apply for a Canadian visa and get my H1b visa stamped in Canada, and then reenter USA, and attend the visa interview for German Visa.

Will I get German Visa in Boston, by just showing the I797 form, or do I need H1b visa stamped on my passport?

Really appreciate your advise.

Its dependent on visa appointment availability at Frankfort & importantly you need to have Shengen Visa for your travel, given the time it doesn't seem feasible, if by any chance you get Shengen visa in a day or 2 you can travel to conference & attend visa at any other Shengen state doesn't necessarily have to be Germany only & also think of travelling to home country if you don't have any appointments available in EU.

Archived