STEM OPT employment update

Hi all,

I have recently applied my OPT STEM extension through a consultancy/staffing firm (A) as my previous contract has been suddenly terminated and it has only been 2 days. I got another employment offer where I have to work for a 3rd party client through another staffing firm (B) but I also have a couple of full time interviews in line from reputed firms. Given the new rule by USCIS to not work for clients and should be direct hires, I am thinking I would join "B" but not update my employment so that I can directly move to a full time position if I get it. If I don't end up getting the full time, I will than update my employment with my university and USCIS through employer "B". 

Is it ok if I don't update my employment and move directly to the full time position and than update it (if I get it) skipping employer "B" altogether while my current OPT STEM application is being processed with USCIS where I have applied through the consultancy?

As you know, there are new rules that don't allow OPT employment through staffing/consulting companies anymore.

You have to update your employment information otherwise it is illegal employment, and your F1/OPT would be gone forever.

So, get a job with a real employer.

Archived