In OPT Status India Travel ..H1 applied

akilk

Hi All,

i have applied for my h1 this year and status is not yet known (not picked yet). I need to travel to india for family matter and i have my current opt until october and student visa until december. Since i have visa i may not need to go for stamping but this is my last year on opt and in oct my opt period will end. can i travel to india in jul or early aug and will it be ok to travel. I need to go due to family thing , please let me know if anyone has travelled with similar case or any suggestions , thanks for your help in advance ....

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:59 AM, akilk said:

Hi All,

i have applied for my h1 this year and status is not yet known (not picked yet). I need to travel to india for family matter and i have my current opt until october and student visa until december. Since i have visa i may not need to go for stamping but this is my last year on opt and in oct my opt period will end. can i travel to india in jul or early aug and will it be ok to travel. I need to go due to family thing , please let me know if anyone has travelled with similar case or any suggestions , thanks for your help in advance ....

Considering you have not received your H1B receipt so you are sailing on the boat of COS, although its advisable not to travel during this time period so I would recommend avoid travel if you can. If not at all possible then yes you can travel and come till your visa validity along with the current status. Window of couple of months would be great if you can manage.

Archived