Understand I-485 RFE

Hi,

I have filed I-485 under EB2 category in January 2018. I have received EAD/AP just last week and now I have received RFIE for my I-485. If you can help me understand what does it mean and what all documents I would need to submit in response to this RFE.  Not sure who are they talking about owning 5% of more interest in employing company. Am I owning or my employer? Are they asking my employer to submit I-864 or myself?

RFE wordings are as follows:

Based on the evidence submitted, an owner of the petitioning employer is related to I-140 beneficiary and owns 5% of more interest in the employing company. Submit a completed and signed form I-864, Affidavit of Support, for appropriate parties. Also, provide copies of the petitioner/sponsor’s most recent Federal income tax returns and all supporting tax documents (W-2, 1099, form 2555, and tax schedules). If you have submitted Form I-864, the version you submitted is no longer accepted. You must submit Form I-864 with revision date of 03/06/2018.

Thanks,

Chirag

• 2 months later...
On 5/1/2018 at 11:39 AM, iamchirag said:

Hi,

I have filed I-485 under EB2 category in January 2018. I have received EAD/AP just last week and now I have received RFIE for my I-485. If you can help me understand what does it mean and what all documents I would need to submit in response to this RFE.  Not sure who are they talking about owning 5% of more interest in employing company. Am I owning or my employer? Are they asking my employer to submit I-864 or myself?

RFE wordings are as follows:

Based on the evidence submitted, an owner of the petitioning employer is related to I-140 beneficiary and owns 5% of more interest in the employing company. Submit a completed and signed form I-864, Affidavit of Support, for appropriate parties. Also, provide copies of the petitioner/sponsor’s most recent Federal income tax returns and all supporting tax documents (W-2, 1099, form 2555, and tax schedules). If you have submitted Form I-864, the version you submitted is no longer accepted. You must submit Form I-864 with revision date of 03/06/2018.

Thanks,

Chirag

Did you reach out to your lawyer?. What was their response?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...