H1 extension denied

ArchieAA

I am living in the US since August 2000. I am way past my 6th year of H1B visa, but since I have my I 140 approved, I have been getting extension. But this time my extension is denied.

My previous visa expired on Jan 28th 2018. My employer had applied for extension in Nov 2017 via Premium and I had received an RFE in Dec 2017. We answered the RFE and now my I 129 is denied.

After studying and livinf here for so long this has happened. What are my best possible options?

Seeing this kind of horrible stories everyday. H1B becoming more n more complicated and can expect worst in future.

Check your option to get H4(if your spouse is on H1).

There are successful stories after refiling the H1 immediately and got the approval. May be this is the best option. Find a good employer as well as attorney. They will process under consular process. 

10 hours ago, ArchieAA said:

I am living in the US since August 2000. I am way past my 6th year of H1B visa, but since I have my I 140 approved, I have been getting extension. But this time my extension is denied.

My previous visa expired on Jan 28th 2018. My employer had applied for extension in Nov 2017 via Premium and I had received an RFE in Dec 2017. We answered the RFE and now my I 129 is denied.

After studying and livinf here for so long this has happened. What are my best possible options?

Whats your GC status?. Didnt you apply for AOS already?

On 4/13/2018 at 0:28 AM, ArchieAA said:

A significantly larger number of H1s/Extensions are attracting scrutiny and/or being denied. 

You have to remember an H1b is intended to be a short-term work authorization. The short term part of the equation requires a return to your home country if other options are no longer available. 

On 4/12/2018 at 9:28 PM, ArchieAA said:

Hi,

Are you a FTE? or under EVC model? and What was asked in RFE?

Archived