Canada Visitor visa rejected

veenas

I applied Canada visa on Feb 11, 2018, and after 2months I still haven't heard back from them. So I contacted help desk, and on March 28, 2018  I received letter that visitor visa go rejected. The reasons they checked the boxes are below:

- You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

- immigration status in country of residence
- Purpose of visit
- Current employment situation
- other reasons: Insufficient evidence of valid U.S. immigration status/status document (e.g. I-797) compatible with
stated U.S. activity and ability to re-enter the country as a foreign worker(FW) or dependent of a FW,
or other strong and stable ties outside Canada.

I have valid H1b/I-797 and I applied for visiting visa. What could be wrong here? And what are the options I have? Can I re-apply again or send for an enquiry? (As they mentioned Application Enquiry URL in the rejection document, which is not working though).

Thank you

what was the purpose of the interview? Just a visit? or H1B visa stamping.

If it is stamping you need to show the visa interview booking slot and the hotel you will be staying.

If not stamping and just a visit you will need the H1B stamping already on the passport and the hotel booking, flight confirmation 

Both actually, visit and stamping. I haven't actually started anything on my H1b visa stamping, I thought I will eventually do once I get Canada visa. 

I had Canada visiting visa before which got expired and I didn't had H1B visa stamping at that time also. But still I got visa that time.

Is this a new change? what are the alternatives I can do?

Thanks for your response.

• 2 weeks later...

That sux. Glad I came across ur post. As I'm in same boat. I was going to send my application to Canadian consulate. I still don't have my H1B interview scheduled, my last Canadian and H1B stamping visa is expired just like you.  This gives me clarity. 

You should not have any problem getting Canadian Visa once you have ur H1B appointment confirmed.

Archived