H1B interview. 221(g) passport returned.

NanSam

Hello,

I travelled to the US in my L1 Visa. After one Year I switched my visa to H1. After working in H1 for a year I am here in my home country for a vacation. I took my Visa interview in Chennai Consulate. During the interview I am asked to give my LCA, W2, Payslip, Client letter and Old passport with L1 stamping in it along with my new passport. After 45 mins of wait time the VO hand over all the documents back and gave me the blue slip with the status “Your application is refused for administrative processing. The application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete” . What exactly does it mean? My visa application is still in processing and no decision is made yet? Shall I reappear for an interview or do I have to wait till final decision is made? How can I check if my H1 is not rejected? I was not asked to provide any additional information or documents as part of this 221g. So what could be the next steps ? 

Thanks, 

Nancy Samuvel.

7 hours ago, NanSam said:

Hello,

I travelled to the US in my L1 Visa. After one Year I switched my visa to H1. After working in H1 for a year I am here in my home country for a vacation. I took my Visa interview in Chennai Consulate. During the interview I am asked to give my LCA, W2, Payslip, Client letter and Old passport with L1 stamping in it along with my new passport. After 45 mins of wait time the VO hand over all the documents back and gave me the blue slip with the status “Your application is refused for administrative processing. The application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete” . What exactly does it mean? My visa application is still in processing and no decision is made yet? Shall I reappear for an interview or do I have to wait till final decision is made? How can I check if my H1 is not rejected? I was not asked to provide any additional information or documents as part of this 221g. So what could be the next steps ? 

Thanks, 

Nancy Samuvel.

This simply means that a decision will be made on your existing petition whether a visa can be issued or not, when they took all your documents certainly they made a copy of it and will examine them. You cannot reappear for an interview again over the same petition.

In this case you should hear something in 3-4 weeks, hopefully positive....if you don't hear back from them in next 8-10 weeks then I would recommend to work on the alternate plan.

Wish you all the very best!!!

17 hours ago, skoyalada said:

Hi,

mine also in the same page. I too converted from L1 to H1. I heared from other guys that all who changed from L1 to H1 getting the same issue. please do update if you got any response.. 

Hello,

when was your H1 interview and how long your status is in administrative processing? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2018 at 11:22 AM, ashukla said:

This simply means that a decision will be made on your existing petition whether a visa can be issued or not, when they took all your documents certainly they made a copy of it and will examine them. You cannot reappear for an interview again over the same petition.

In this case you should hear something in 3-4 weeks, hopefully positive....if you don't hear back from them in next 8-10 weeks then I would recommend to work on the alternate plan.

Wish you all the very best!!!

Hello ashukla,

I am asked to submit my passport on April 18th and got it approved on April 24th. Thank you so much for your timely reply  

Regards, 

Nancy

Archived