N400 background check delays

gcseeker2002

My N400 is pending with NBC since July 2017, last I checked in an infopass I found that it was with a private agency for background checking.

In the last five years, I have had multiple jobs, sometimes I did freelancing jobs so I had 2 jobs simultaneously, Of course I have mentioned all

my jobs in the N400 and also filed tax returns for all jobs I worked on . Is this the reason for my delays ? I know people who are not working at all

get their citizenship approved quick  but would multiple jobs cause delays ? My wife applied with me and already got her naturalization done. I am trying to get help from Senators.

Also, I just want to know if I answered this correctly in my N400,

Q44:Are you a male who lived in the United States at any time between your 18th and 26th birthdays (This does not include living in the United states as a lawful non-immigrant) : 

I answered No, as I was on H1b visa , which is considered non-immigrant. Hope I answered it right. 

On 22/03/2018 at 3:36 PM, gcseeker2002 said:

My N400 is pending with NBC since July 2017, last I checked in an infopass I found that it was with a private agency for background checking.

In the last five years, I have had multiple jobs, sometimes I did freelancing jobs so I had 2 jobs simultaneously, Of course I have mentioned all

my jobs in the N400 and also filed tax returns for all jobs I worked on . Is this the reason for my delays ? I know people who are not working at all

get their citizenship approved quick  but would multiple jobs cause delays ? My wife applied with me and already got her naturalization done. I am trying to get help from Senators.

Also, I just want to know if I answered this correctly in my N400,

Q44:Are you a male who lived in the United States at any time between your 18th and 26th birthdays (This does not include living in the United states as a lawful non-immigrant) : 

I answered No, as I was on H1b visa , which is considered non-immigrant. Hope I answered it right. 

The question I believe was in reference to the selective services registration. Delays are due to massive number of N400 applications being filed. Many USCIS local fields offices are backed up by year or more now due to this.

Archived