DS160-Visa Stamping- Declaration of Reckless driving offense

I have come to India for H-1B Visa stamping. I am about to fill DS 160. 

When I was in USA, I got two speeding tickets.  I was a Pennsylvania resident.

1. In  January 2017, in Maryland, 74 mph on 55 mph speed limit. Got regular speeding ticket under the section TA.21.801.1 and the officer let me go after issued ticket. I paid the fine online. The online court record says "Pre-Pay Guilty".

2. In March 2017, in Virginia, 84 mph on 45 mph speed limit. Got reckless driving ticket under the section VA 46.2-862. I was not arrested and the officer let me go after issued ticket , this time I was summoned to appear before the court. I did not hire an attorney and I went to the court myself and plead guilty. Hon. Judge sentenced me the fine of 500 USD. I paid the fine on the same day at the court.

I am worrying about answering the question in DS 160 for Visa Stamping "Have you ever been arrested or convicted of any offense or crime ". I read lot of forums and come across mixed answers. Few answered Yes , few answered No. 

I wouldn't like to take a risk by answering Yes and put myself under the big trouble.

Also, I would like to know how the Visa Stamping Process analyzes the criminal records of county courts across USA. I have very clean driving record even after I got two speeding tickets. Since I am thinking to answer the question "No".

I would be guilty for answering "No" for the rest of my life if the visa stamping rejected just for the reason I answered "No".

Please advise me on this situation to answer the question wisely.

Edited by iamMurali
to correct few grammatical mistakes

One of my friend got speeding ticket for 103mph on 65mph speed limit but and he allowed to drive after issued the speed ticket not arrest happened. he went to court without hiring Attorny and Judge fined him 1000$. he went for one day class, i believe. He gave an answer as NO in DS 160 for arrest related question. He got his visa approved after this incident with an answer as NO on 2014. Am not sure how current VO's are instructed to handle such a case. Now the situations are very worst. it depends on your VO. But keep all your papers like paid receipt to go for stamping. 

All the Best. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...