Priority Date Current in May11 - How Long Before GC Arrives

longawaited

I am long follower of this forum and finally there is some good news to follow. My prioiry date is May 17th 2006 and is current in the May VB. My EAD expires August 19th 2011. Should I be filing for an extension for EAD anyways given the glacial pace of USCIS or should I just wait for GC. Does anyone know how long after the priority date becomes current does the actual GC arrive in the mail? Any experienced folks please guide in the right direction. Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Longawaited.

please consult a lawyer.

it is best to be prepared in case of delays and retrogression, apply I-765 EAD renewal as soon as possible.

Originally posted by longawaited:

I am long follower of this forum and finally there is some good news to follow. My prioiry date is May 17th 2006 and is current in the May VB. My EAD expires August 19th 2011. Should I be filing for an extension for EAD anyways given the glacial pace of USCIS or should I just wait for GC. Does anyone know how long after the priority date becomes current does the actual GC arrive in the mail? Any experienced folks please guide in the right direction. Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Longawaited.

There is no way one can predict how much time it will take after the PD becomes current until the GC is finally approved. Browsing this forum will show you many different time lines.

However, in my case, my PD became current Aug 1 2010, and my GC was approved Aug 5 2010, and my GC was received in hand Aug 17, 2010.

In you case, you may wait until the end of May before you file for your EAD. However, take into account the processing time for EAD currently while you plan your next course of action - we don't want to be penny wise pound foolish !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, today my status read 'decision' and received the message below. Initially it seems like there has been a decision but cant understand the second paragraph.

Can anyone decipher this? Thanks in advance.....

"On May 4, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision."

I did an infopass appointment and I was told that there was activity on my file as of 05/06/11 (even though i didn't see any new LUD). I was told my file has been sent for background check. This is confusing as my background check was already completed over 2 years ago.

I also received a mail in response to my inquiring - It was the standard mail that just stated " A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open"

Anyone in same both?

Longawaited, what service center was yours and what class?

EB3

I-140 - Approved

Priority Date - Aug 2, 2005

TSC

I have noticed a trend that with PD being current the cases are picked up in the same order in various service centers? Did you guys also notice the same? For example, in NSC I based on my friends' cases and what I am seeing in various forums, it seems cases having PD of around end of May 2006( 26th-28th May, 2006) are being handled.

I called USCIS and was informed that my and dependents' I-485 have been approved as of May 9th ( NSC), however, I do not see any change in my case status nor have I received any mail.

I have been waiting for the physical cards to arrive now, how long does it take to reach after approval?

Did any one have similar experience?

Hi

As per June Bulletin, my priority date, september 2006 - EB2 is current. I missed to File 485 in 2007 and i needed to file it now along with my wife(dependent). Can someone please let me know how long will it take for the GC, since my H1 is expiring in Auguest and i dont know whether i should apply for extension or wait for GC.

Experts please advise.

Thanks

Originally posted by arkiid:

Hi

As per June Bulletin, my priority date, september 2006 - EB2 is current. I missed to File 485 in 2007 and i needed to file it now along with my wife(dependent). Can someone please let me know how long will it take for the GC, since my H1 is expiring in Auguest and i dont know whether i should apply for extension or wait for GC.

Experts please advise.

Thanks

You have not yet filed your I-485 application. We don't have a crystall ball to say your application process would be completed in X amount of days. I suggest you apply for your extention and not take any risk by waiting for your I-485 approval.

Archived