Laid off by current employer, H1B being transferred by another one

RrrPp

Hi, 

Yesterday I was laid off by my current employer(full time). I had a sense of lay offs coming a long ago and started looking for jobs. I got a full time one and they are working on getting the H1B transferred.  My question would be if my H1 transfer do not goes through and I couldn't find a job in 2 months, do I have to leave US ? Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Your new H1b documents should reach USCIS within 60 days of termination date. Else, you need to leave US or file COS to another visa status such as F2/H4. Also, being laid off on H1b, you are entitled to get one person- one way air ticket to home country. This is apart from Severance Package. 

Thanks for the reply. I was told that I will be paid 1 month of salary as severance(last pay check will be in Mid-March). Also, I checked with the legal team of current company and was told that they will send the H1 transfer application this week(premium processing). My worry is do you think I have good chances of getting the transfer approved ? How good are the chances of transfer for full time cases ? Again, your help is much appreciated. 

Archived