GC for parents – given the upcoming changes to family based immigration

Hi,

I’m a US citizen and planning to file for my parents GC who are currently in India. I wanted some inputs given the upcoming changes to the family based immigration which will limit this to spouse and children.

Assuming the bill passes, by when do you think the changes will be actually take effect and what would happen to applications already in the pipeline?

My best option right now is to file their applications immediately (could take ~ 3 weeks and they will be in the US by the time I file) and hope that the changes do not pass. But in the event that they do, what would happen to my parent’s application?

I’m planning to reach out to an immigration attorney for more concrete advice, but before I do that I wanted to check if this community has any thoughts to share on my scenario.  

Thanks!

Hi,

I am a US citizen and I filed AOS for my parents (they were on B-2 visa) on June, 2017. They received fingerprint/interview in September,2017 while they were in US. Due to unfortunate circumstances, my parents had to visit family in India with approved parole in December,2017. They are still in India and I received their green cards here in US. Now, my question is should they reenter the US with the parole letter or must they need the green card to reenter the US? Is it ok if I send green card thru mail or with relatives to them in India so that when they reenter they can have a green card? Also, their parole is valid till October, 2018. Really appreciate any help and guidance.

Thanks    

Archived