Visit visa for my parents to attend my graduation ceremony

Smiley82

Hello all,

I am planning to apply visit visa for my parents to attend my graduation ceremony in May. I am a US green card holder. Can I sponsor them or is it my husband(US green card holder) who has to send sponsorship documents. My dad is still working and mom is homemaker. My dad retired from Indian Army and he gets his pension every month.He is currently working in a well qualified position and earns a decent salary of about 45000/month. They dont have much properties back in India.They have some fixed deposits close to 8 lakhs and he pays income taxes every year , has a home and car loans etc. I have funds close to 8000 $ in my bank accounts.Will those be enough to show for sponsoring for their trip, or does my husband has to sponsor them. Plz someone help me , I am totally confused

15 hours ago, lovely said:

you should be good, get an invitation letter from school and have your parents take it to consulate at the time of interview.

So these are the documents I am planning to get ready for the visitor visa for my parents

1.Letter from school about my graduation

2. Invitation letter to parents from me

3.Letter to consulate about purpose of visit

4. Green card and school ID copy

5.DS 160

6. Copy of my passport

7.Parents last 3 year IT returns 

8. Letter from my dad's employer(No objection letter)

9. Dad's bank statements, including passbooks etc

10. Pension documents

11. Car and home loan documents

Do I also need to fill out an I- 134 for my parents or just an invitation from my side is enough for attending the interview. Can I show my bank funds for supporting them. Please let me know and also if there is any other document that I missed in the above list. Please let me know if above documents would be enough for me to sponsor my parents, if my husband is not sponsoring them.

Thanks in advance

Archived