H1- B Processing Time California Service Center

avraju117

Hi,

I submitted my RFE response to the California Service center on December 6th 2017. It was also submitted as premium processing. I got an email with a receipt notice as RFE documents with application type as premium received on 6th december. When i checked the online status on 21 st december, the status changed to RFE response received on 20th december. When my attorney checked with USCIS, they said there is some system error. That is all the information received. Is anybody have the same issue with their case ? Ideally there should have been a response within 15 days as it was a premium applcation, but it is close to 40 days and there has still be no update

Hi,

I am also having the same case. I got an RFE and I have responded to it in October. I have changed it to premium processing on December 13th. The online status showed me that 'The process for premium processing will be started' and on December 20th it changed to 'The case was received and a receipt was emailed to you'.  And it is almost 18 business days past from December 20. I am confused !! 

And also I heard that the amount will be refunded back if there is no response from USCIS with 15 days from the start date of the premium processing. Is it true ?

Can someone please suggest me what to do ?

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to add my data point:

RFE Response (For Specialty Occupation) Submitted: Oct 27th 2017.

Approval from USCIS received by attorney on 11th February 2018. 

Date document was mailed by USCIS: 6th February 2018.

USCIS Online Case status still says that we received your RFE response. It is not yet updated so I would suggest checking with your attorney for the most up to date information.

RFE received to USCIS (California Service Center) on November 9th 2017 and case is pending since 97 days. I am afraid to upgrade my case to premium as because I get to hear from several people that even though there is a solid documentation, if you upgrade from regular to premium now, the cases are getting denied and it happened to one my friends as USCIS has misread the documentation. This is a total confusion and not sure how far this is true but I wanted to upgrade my case to Premium because I wanted to know the result before April as in case if it gets denied I will have something to think about for what I got to do in terms of additional / enhanced documentation.

Is anyone going through or already went through this kind of a situation.? Any thoughts / suggestions please.?

Hello,

I responded to my RFE october 2017.

I am still waiting for a decision from the California Center.

We tried twice to upgrade to PP but both checks were returned to us (Feb. 2 & Feb. 12) with a note saying that a decision had already been made in my case. 

In the officier records, my case still shows as pending! (We called).

I have a service request going on to clear this up.

I am confused and hopeful

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 10:52 AM, Camille Milou said:

Hello,

I responded to my RFE october 2017.

I am still waiting for a decision from the California Center.

We tried twice to upgrade to PP but both checks were returned to us (Feb. 2 & Feb. 12) with a note saying that a decision had already been made in my case. 

In the officier records, my case still shows as pending! (We called).

I have a service request going on to clear this up.

I am confused and hopeful

Did you hear anything buddy?

Archived