H1B Extension - Received 221G from Chennai Consulate

bash123

I submitted my documents at Chennai OFC for H1B stamping(3rd extension) on Nov 27th. I haven't changed my employer but my company got acquired by another mid last year. The H1B petition for extension was filed after acquisition and was approved. I received my passport on Dec 7th along with a blue 221G form asking me to appear for interview at Chennai consulate along with my resume and job description. I appeared for interview at the consulate on Dec 11. I was asked about my work location, title, salary, job responsibilities, educational qualifications. After the interview, my passport was retained by consulate along with resume & job description, and I was given a blue 221G form with administrative processing option checked. 

The visa status on CEAC website appears as Administrative Processing with last updated date as Dec 11. I have tried emailing US Travel docs, but received a standard reply stating that I have to wait for about 60 days.

Please advise on the expected timeline for administrative processing for such cases. Are there any options that I could try out in the meantime to obtain status updates on my case?

• 1 month later...

Archived