Entry to the US without Original EAD

varun12

I am in a bit of a critical situation right now, and that's the reason am reaching out to you. I lost my wallet on Friday at the office. I placed it on my desk like every other day.  The problem is, I lost my EAD(Employment Authorization Document) card along with it. I have communicated this to our HR and Fragomen who is in-charge of all our employee's immigration status. But then they advised me to contact my school as I am still on OPT.  I got a confirmation from my school and as well as the Homeland security to check if its ok to travel with the copy of the EAD, and their response was affirmative. They told me that EAD is not a mandatory document for the re-entry to the US. However, with the recent immigration policies and this could go south if some immigration officer was having a bad day.  The reason I am not in a situation to postpone this trip because I am getting engaged on Jan 3rd, 2018. It would be heart-breaking for my family and extended family who has been planning this event for months. So, after speaking with the homeland security authorities in FLL (my port of entry) am confident that I wouldn't have any problem with my re-entry to the US. But 1% percent if things go wrong then,  would I  be deported back to India? I really need some help/suggestions here?

Archived