H1b and h4 visa Dropbox experience

Uberkewl88

Submitted docs using the Dropbox option at Mumbai consulate. Week later got email, passport ready for pickup even though ceac status was AP. Confirmed that had got 221g and needed to attend fingerprints verification and in person interview. Now wife’s h4 visa is issued, mine still in AP. Anyone else faced similar problem? How long was primary applicants visa in AP?

Timeline:

nov 29 dropbox doc submitted

Dec 4th email received to pick up passports

dec 5th picked up passports, saw 221g, gave fingerprints and in person interviews, visa approved and VO said it would take 5-6 business days due to s9me technical issues.

dec 6th wife’s passport ready for pickup, confirmed via email and CEAC says issued.

when I check passport tracking for my passport it says “passport was picked up”, for my wife’s passport it says “ready for pickup”

for me CEAC still says AP - Adminstative Processing

please reply if you are in same boat 

thanks in advanced

No email received for status change. Only got email that passport was collected from consulate and was ready for pickup. That was after 4days after we had dropped of the passport at the VFC. Like I mentioned earlier when I picked up the passport I’d the 221g so had to give FP and interview. Now it’s been a week still waiting for status update on the CEAC website.

@Uberkewl88 Could you tell me if this is something similar happened in your case?

Hi, I've submitted my documents for H1-B drop box in US Consulate, New Delhi (India).

Monday, 12/11/2017 : Submitted documents at VFS, New Delhi (India)

Tuesday, 12/12/2017 : Status changed to 'Passport being sent to Consulate'.

Wednesday, 12/13/2017 : Status changed to 'Admin Processing' (CEAC website) / 'Passport is still with the US consulate' (US Travel Docs and CGI Federal)

I'm hoping and praying to see it to "Approved" with stamped passport ASAP.

Regards,

RR

Yes similar to mine. I just collected my passport with visa stamp today.

in terms of timeline, I gave FP and interview on Dec 5th, got email and ceac status changed to ISSUED on Dec 13th. But I read here last week there was some problem with printing out the visa, hence took longer.

hopefully it won’t be that long for you and others. Good luck!

Archived