How much time to get passport back from Mumbai Consulate

stampwithgrace

I applied for a dropbox in Pune on Oct 17th. Got called for a in person interview and completed that sucessfully. 

I have been waiting for my passport for the past 4 days and have not heard back from the consulate or the Stanley team. 

CEAC says Administrative Processing and the US Visa Doc Site says Picked up as that was the status when they had sent my passport back before the interview. 

If they have kept my passport will they return it this week ?

Or is Mumbai consulate delayed due to holiday season ?

I have pushed my travel once and do not wish to do it again. 

Please post your experience and advice if the consulate can keep passport indefinitely even after Saying "Visa Approved"

BTW I sent a email to the team and this is the response I keep getting. 

Its the same reply every time. Did anyone get a proper response than this one on what is the status of the passport ?

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.  

We understand that you would like to know the status of your visa application.  

In response to your question, our records indicate the visa application is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of your visa interview or the submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later. When additional administrative processing is required, the length of processing time will vary based on the circumstances of each case.  

Please be assured that, once the processing is completed or if the Embassy needs further information, you will be intimated about the same.  

Alternatively, please follow the link: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ to check the status of your case, by selecting “Check my Visa Application Status” under “Non-Immigrant".  

We hope this information is helpful to you.  

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/gss_india to share feedback on the services we provide.  

15 hours ago, stampwithgrace said:

I applied for a dropbox in Pune on Oct 17th. Got called for a in person interview and completed that sucessfully. 

I have been waiting for my passport for the past 4 days and have not heard back from the consulate or the Stanley team. 

CEAC says Administrative Processing and the US Visa Doc Site says Picked up as that was the status when they had sent my passport back before the interview. 

If they have kept my passport will they return it this week ?

Or is Mumbai consulate delayed due to holiday season ?

I have pushed my travel once and do not wish to do it again. 

Please post your experience and advice if the consulate can keep passport indefinitely even after Saying "Visa Approved"

My spouse had H-4 visa interview at Mumbai consulate on 11/20. We have received the stamped passport on 11/28. Hope this helps.

Archived