H1B US visa transfer and FNU issue

Ram2181

Hi,

I work on H1B visa in California USA, I have a FNU issue on my passport, basically in my passport the first name is "Rxx Vxxxx" and last name as blank. 

Hence on my I797 documents the benificiary name appears as : "Rxx Vxxxx, FNU"

When I changed my job to another employer the new I797 displays "Rxx Vxxxx,"  basically they would have ignored to put FNU hence nothing appears after comma.

Now I have following questions:

1. If I do not go for the name correction is it an issue in stamping, port of entry, green card perm filing etc.

If I go for name change:

2. my employer is saying if you go for a name correction USCIS has no ETA for it. Is it correct? If yes how much time it usually takes for a name correction?

3. My employer would apply for my Green card in a month, if the name correction does not happens by the time my employer apply for Green card, would they be able to apply. ex: USCIS may say since your petition is under a change you cannot file a perm.

4. At the same time I am also expecting an offer from another employer, If I apply for the name correction, would they be able to tranfer my H1B, and would they face any issues applying for my green card.

A quick response is appreciated.

• 11 months later...

Archived