Family-Based Immigrant Petitions

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding family-based immigrant petitions.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

11 hours ago, Attorney_23 said:

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding family-based immigrant petitions.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

My Brother is US Citizen, what's the best option to get Green Card. My Employer filed for GC under EB2 but priority date is 2013, I don't think i will get GC in next 10-15 years.

Good morning,

My husband (American Citizen) and I (Foreign National) submitted our I-30, I-485, I-765 concurrently on Oct 11, 2017.   My current EAD based on F-1 Visa OPT STEM extension will expire soon, on Jan 5, 2018.   

What options do we have to try to expedite the issuance of an interim EAD card so I don't have to interrupt and potentially lose my current job?  Could we go to a USCIS local office and request an interim EAD after the case has been processed for 90 days or what's the recommended process we should follow?

Thanks!

On 11/16/2017 at 2:45 PM, amanffs said:

My Case i-751 is still pending, i have submitted my application in July 2016, i went to USCIS , getting Info-Pass , they are saying that these kind of cases are taking time.

Please help me

That is correct, I-751's are taking a very long time, and due to the delays, it is common to receive an RFE for updated documents. You can contact your congressperson to inquire, and that may provide some assistance. 

On 11/16/2017 at 11:13 PM, TESTAGG said:

My Brother is US Citizen, what's the best option to get Green Card. My Employer filed for GC under EB2 but priority date is 2013, I don't think i will get GC in next 10-15 years.

Family-Based sibling preference petitions also have back-logged priority dates. However, you can pursue both concurrently and obtain your green card based on the category that is eligible to file first.  

On 11/17/2017 at 9:40 AM, Ginna Miller said:

Good morning,

My husband (American Citizen) and I (Foreign National) submitted our I-30, I-485, I-765 concurrently on Oct 11, 2017.   My current EAD based on F-1 Visa OPT STEM extension will expire soon, on Jan 5, 2018.   

What options do we have to try to expedite the issuance of an interim EAD card so I don't have to interrupt and potentially lose my current job?  Could we go to a USCIS local office and request an interim EAD after the case has been processed for 90 days or what's the recommended process we should follow?

Thanks!

You can request expedited processing, however you will need to show you meet one of the expedite criteria at the following link: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria. When you make the request, doing so at a local USCIS office through an InfoPass appointment may be the better option. However, you can also call the USCIS 1-800 number on your Receipt Notice. 

Archived