Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

GC filing - Question

Recommended Posts


I have a PhD that i completed a few years ago from a US University and then returned to India without filing for my Green Card. I am now back in the states on H4 currently. Can I still file a Green Card for myself under EB1 Category or is there a time limit from when i complete my Phd to the time i can file a petition for GC?


Share this post

Link to post

Having a PhD doesn't necessarily mean you are qualified for an EB1.

Btw, Attorney_22 essentially said the same here

If you had a tenure-track faculty job, EB1-EA would pretty much be a no-brainer.

Without a job, EB2-NIW would be the only option I can see. And even that would be hard unless you continued to publish after getting your PhD.

You may want to discuss your situation with a good immigration lawyer.

Edited by JoeF

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this