H1B Premium processing resumes on Sept 18 ` 2017

Dagny

Hi ,

My H1B petition is in 'Department of State Sent Case to USCIS For Review' . It was filed in April 2016 .

Now that premium processing is available , Is it possible for my current employer to file new H1B petition for new client in premium and that it will not require lottery ?

Or Can new employer file for me a new H1B petition in premium & cap-exempt ? 

As per USCIS - https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-resumes-premium-processing-some-categories-applicants-seeking-h-1b-visas , 

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) resumed premium processing today for all H-1B visa petitions subject to the Fiscal Year year (FY) 2018 cap.This service is only available for pending petitions, not new submissions, since USCIS received enough petitions in April to meet the FY 2018 cap.

What exactly is meant by 'petitions subject to the Fiscal Year year (FY) 2018 cap' ?

Does it mean that it is still not possible to file new H1B petition by employer( H1B cap exempt case ) to offer job to candidate ?

Please throw light on this  .

Thanks.

The statement is very clearly stated that premium processing is ONLY applicable to already submitted applications subject to 2018 CAP. So the answer to your question "Does it mean that it is still not possible to file new H1B petition by employer( H1B cap exempt case ) to offer job to candidate ?" is  'NO premium processing allowed for cap exempt cases but can be submitted for normal processing.'

Archived