h1b denied applied in Masters Cap

charan00007

Hi my name is nani,

I am a graduate of xyz university (which lost accredited due to ACICS ie I am not eligible for STEM-OPT).My OPTperiod was from may 10, 2016, to may  9, 2017. I got my h1b picked in April 2017 and with that, I applied for H1b cap gap which gave me an extension up to Sept 30, 2017.I later got an RFE from USCIS in August 2017, my employer submitted RFE and yesterday my H1b was denied

1) how long I can stay

2) Will I be getting a 60 day grace period

3) can I transfer my SEVIS to new school

4) when will my SEVIS expire?

5. what I have to do after my sevis status complete

Hey Charan, 

Can you let us know what was the RFE?

1) how long I can stay - 60 days

2) Will I be getting a 60 day grace period - yes 

3) can I transfer my SEVIS to new school - yes 

4) when will my SEVIS expire? 

5. what I have to do after my sevis status complete - Transfer to new school with in 60 days.

Thanks!

Is that a for-profit institution? Care to tell us the name?

For the Masters quota, the degree has to be from an accredited, public or non-profit private university.

And you can't just "transfer to a new school." Real universities have application deadlines, it takes months to get accepted at a real university.

its non profit university and yesterday i received the denial letter stating  that letter provided by the university regarding the accreditation  not supporting the database from the department of education (even though) my university is having 18 months of time and i completed my masters in march 10 2016(having university accreditation upto DEC 2016) but still i am in confusion why its got denied . Can i appeal this case by doing proper documentation from the university.

The 18 months doesn't mean that the institution is acceedited. It just means they have 18 months to get accredited again.

USCIS has quite often denied H1s if the degree is from one of the ACICS-accredited institutions. Most of these institutions are shady and should never have been accredited (that's the main reason ACICS lost their recognition.)

Archived