H1B denied - options please

srocking

Hello,

I ported my H1B from employer A to employer B on Oct, 2016 and started working with employer B after receiving the receipt.

Last week (end of Aug 2017), I got to know that my H1B transfer got denied. My I797 and I94 from employer A expires in 2019.  I researched about my options but had some questions around them.  Can someone provide me some clarity here?

a) appeal or MTR the H1B denial based on denial reason.  But the processing time for MTR / Appeal can take more than 6 mo.  Can I start working after we submit the appeal request to AAO?

b) have employer B to file a new petition for same / different role.  Since Premium processing for H1B's are not allowed now, it might take more than 2mo.  Can I continue to work after my employer has filed new petition (after receiving the receipt, like I did last year) ?

c) go back to employer A.  Is this really an option? Do I have to go out of US and re-enter with visa stamp of employer A?

d) find a new job and have employer file new petition.  In this option, do I need to wait for approval or just join with receipt?

Appreciate your response.

Employer A was required to inform USCIS that you no longer work there. If you want to go back there, the employer would have to file a new H1.

An MTR doesn't allow you to work.

A new employer can file an H1, but you'd have to wait for approval before starting there.

So, the only option is to leave the country, and wait for approval of a new H1 there.

This is the well-known risk of working the the receipt notice, in particular if the employer is a consulting company.

Archived